© Reuters. Reuters: Some Boeing jets have falsely certified Kobe Steel products
- Boeing (NYSE:BA) has used some products that were falsely certified by Kobe Steel (OTCPK:KBSTF, OTCPK:KBSTY), although it does not consider the issue a safety problem, Reuters reports.
- Boeing is carrying out a survey of aircraft to determine the extent and type of Kobe Steel components in its planes and will share the results with airline customers, according to the report.
- Even if the falsely certified parts do not affect safety, Boeing could choose to replace suspect parts rather than face any backlash over concerns about safety.
- Airbus (OTCPK:EADSF, OTCPK:EADSY) says it does not buy products directly from Kobe Steel but is investigating whether any of its suppliers have been affected.
- Earlier: GM joins list of automakers checking safety in aluminum supplier scandal (Oct. 11)
- Now read: Boeing: Widebody Production Does Not Scale Well